Saturday, April 10, 2010

Welcome to the Safran Dress CAL Blog


Welcome to the Safran Dress CAL Blog!

This is where I will be posting every Saturday with the details of what I have done on my own dress. Please show us your progress! Either leave us a comment or a link to a blog entry (directly to the entry please, so we don't have to search for it!)

With that said, this being the first Saturday, I am posting my gauge swatches!

I am using Lana Grossa Puntino in a Peachy-Orange colorway. It is almost exactly the same weight as the Drops Safran yarn the pattern calls for (both are approx. 160m per 50g).

The pattern says that the chain 3 at the beginning of each row does not count as a double crochet. I know that I don't like the way this looks, so I've decided to count that chain 3 as the first double crochet. I made my swatch this way.

Here it is, unwashed. It measured approx. 4.25x4in across


After washing, it measured pretty much the same.
I am between sizes, the Medium is just a little too small, and the Large is quite a bit too big. Since my gauge is .25 inch bigger, I feel comfortable that if I make the Medium, it will fit me the way that I want it to. How are your gauge swatches coming along?

Tonka

No comments:

Post a Comment